Friday, January 17, 2014

TV and Michael Scott

I was never really a big fan of television and TV series; sure I'd watch some How I Met Your Mother or The Big Bang Theory when I was bored, but I wouldn't call myself a big fan of these shows. So when one of my roommates last year--by some voodoo or miracle--got me into Supernatural, I was astonished by how big of a fan girl I was capable of being. I quickly became obsessed with the show and its amazing(ly good-looking) cast, and before I knew it, I watched seven seasons within two months (or something like that). I loved the show for Sam and Dean's relationship, but I stopped watching  it halfway through the seventh season because I honestly didn't care about the leviathans. Anyway, this isn't a review of Supernatural so I'll leave it at that.

After my Supernatural phase, this year, my new roommate introduced me to The Office. She's a huge fan of the show and we get a long extremely well, so I figured maybe I'd like the show too. And I did. I got into it pretty fast; I couldn't stop watching it not only for the jokes but for characters like Jim and Pam, and of course, the great Michael Scott. My roommate and I always talk about how Michael would be so unbearably obnoxious in real life, but in the show he's just hilarious and actually endearing sometimes. His character just works well. So when I finally got to "Goodbye, Michael"  in season seven, I couldn't help but cry me eyes out. I felt like I knew this man and how much he loved the people in his office.

When I finally stopped crying, I figured it would be fun to draw something for Michael Scott, because why not? So I spent an hour in Photoshop playing with new dry brushes and voila:


It was inspired by my favorite of Michael's hilarious malapropisms and also by a certain cat who cannot be pleased. Steve Carell just does this look sometimes that reminds me of Grumpy Cat so much.

I haven't really done a lot of painting in Photoshop, so I'm still getting around using brushes and layers and other features. Hopefully I'll get more and more comfortable as I go along.

No comments:

Post a Comment